Saturday, December 27, 2014

Elevé "Amy"

Elevé's website describes the Amy as "An 'oh so slimming' design with a sporty twist."  I'm not sure what's supposed to make the Amy so "slimming," but this clever bit of marketing suckered me into making the Amy my first Elevé purchase.

"Amy" in Vampire with Paint Your Roses Red mesh
(from Elevé's website)
"Amy" in unidentified colors
(from Elevé's website)























Whether the leo takes off ten pounds is debatable. But the Amy's low back cutout and square-ish neckline are quite flattering. For some reason, Elevé's website no longer has a picture of the back of the Amy (its best feature, imo), but here's a view I found elsewhere online:

"Amy" in Mallard Spandex
and Discontinued Mallard Lace
Isn't this pretty?  I wanted to order this exact leotard, but the mallard lace was gone by the time I got around to it. Tragic.

                                         "Amy" Order Page                                         
The Amy gives you two fabric options: a base color (no mesh) and a color for the sleeves and upper back (anything goes.)  As with all Elevé leotards, you can add a bust liner for free or a full front liner for $8. You also have your choice of sleeve lengths (but no full sleeve or short sleeve options).  It comes in sizes XS to L (as do all Elevé leotards).




I now have two Amys. The first I bought is Wine spandex with Gazing Wistfully mesh,  I ordered 3/4 sleeves.

"Amy" in Wine with
Gazing Wistfully Mesh (Front)
"Amy" in Wine with
Gazing Wistfully Mesh (Back)

Gazing Wistfully
I'm glad Elevé's website listed wine as a match for the Gazing Wistfully mesh because I wouldn't have guessed the combo works just from the picture on the screen.  But the colors are nice together.

     Wine Spandex     
The sleeves actually fall below my elbows. (I ordered "Above Elbow.")  Either Elevé made a mistake or their sleeve lengths are for monkey arms.  I've got another leo I ordered with 3/4 sleeves that actually hits above my elbow, so probably mistake.


    Not 3/4 Sleeve.    
          Sketch of the "Amy"          
It turns out that, because the back cutout is supported from above and below, the Amy is super stable and really comfortable. I don't spend much time in class fiddling with this leotard, which is important. A leotard that I have to keep adjusting during class will stay in the bottom of my drawer.



My first Amy is best for cold weather because the back cutout doesn't provide much ventilation and the mesh is less breathable than expected.  So I ordered my second Amy with cap sleeves to cool it down a bit:

"Amy" in Black with Quixotic Mesh (Front)
"Amy" in Black with Quixotic Mesh (Back)

Love, love, love this leo.  Simple and elegant.  You know, but with a sporty twist.

Crappy Closeup of Quixotic Mesh
After I ordered this, Elevé ran out of this mesh (I may have even taken the last of it), so it's not on their website anymore.  I made my own crappy closeup.  You can kind of tell from the picture that it's more like a lace than a mesh.

Have an Amy you'd like to share?  Send it to me here!

Click here to see my Elevé guide, which talks about Elevé's products generally.


No comments:

Post a Comment